Friday 4 September 2009

Other things I used to like that are now an embarrassment

I guess it makes perfect sense that there would be a publishing company dedicated to Warhammer fiction. It just never occurred to me before (don't ask how I came across it).

"The autocannon roared. ‘Fall back!’ Vertain cried, wrenching his control sticks. His walker reversed, the backwards-jointed legs protesting with a hiss of angry pistons. Solid rounds pinged and clanged from the pod’s sloped armour, while the Sentinel’s underslung cannon replied in a percussive burst of thunderclap after thunderclap."

[Cadian Blood: An Imperial Guard novel by Aaron Dembski-Bowden]

The main character is called Parmenion Thade, which is a reference to Alexander the Great's top general and the word 'thade'. (I know this because of a fantasy novel I read in high school, so it's not like I'm an arbiter of Cool or whatever.)

Anyway, there's nothing that I can say about this. Except to note that the text in the PDF excerpt seems to be about size 20.

No comments: